Codeplay operates as a subsidiary business of Intel supporting the multi-architecture, multi-vendor accelerator market. Codeplay is playing a key role in bringing about the wide adoption of SYCL and oneAPI amongst processor vendors and software developers. SYCL is a higher-level programming model based on standard C++ that improves programming productivity on various hardware accelerators such as GPUs. SYCL is a standard developed by the Khronos Group, announced in March 2014. oneAPI defines a specification that builds on SYCL with tuned libraries for specific domains including math and machine learning.
Using oneAPI and SYCL it is possible to write accelerated code using C++ and build a single application that can run on multiple architectures including Intel GPUs, NVIDIA GPUs and AMD GPUs. This is enabling projects including GROMACS, one of the most popular scientific research applications in the world, to build faster software that can be run on a wide range of supercomputers and clusters.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be charged with helping to increase adoption and expand the community using oneAPI and SYCL by bringing compelling messaging and campaigns to help developers understand the value proposition.
Top candidates will bring experience in developing plans with hands-on execution across multiple domains of marketing including events, online content, stakeholder engagement, and community development. Candidate will be results oriented and able to adapt to change based on the priorities of the oneAPI forum.
The position is permanent and may be fully remote, hybrid or based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The role will require some travel to events and our head office on occasion.
successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the right to work in
the UK, or be eligible to apply for the right to work, should relocation
be an agreed option. We are committed to providing flexible working
options such as part-time/compressed hours/timeshifting/remote/hybrid.
Starting salary: Competitive & Negotiable.
- Developing and executing marketing plans
- Content Strategy (e.g. web, case studies, presentations, and other marketing collateral)
- Writing website copy
- Reviewing and contributing to presentations
- Managing event activities
- Managing and creating content for social media channels
- Relevant market research
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, meet deadlines as required to support the Sales and Marketing function and has the ability to work under pressure. You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively within teams of varying skill sets and expertise. You should be welcoming towards, and able to adapt to, the introduction of products, responsibilities and projects, as Codeplay works with cutting-edge technology and takes on a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in marketing within relevant technologies
- Demonstrable marketing experience executing marketing campaigns
- Experience of operating in a dynamic and fast-growing organization with global presence
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to translate complex technical material into compelling and concise marketing material
- Ability to build cohesive networks with software teams and management for collaborative results
Knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be useful for the role, but are not essential. You must be able to learn new skills, but will be given support from Codeplay's team to get you up to speed.
- Understanding and experience in the semiconductor space
- Experience working with Open Source projects and communities
- Knowledge of software development using open standards
What We Offer
Codeplay is internationally recognized as being at the forefront of software development technology. Working at Codeplay offers unique opportunities and challenges to learn new technologies and to get involved in shaping the software industry. Codeplay's projects range from: creating tools and tool sets (optimizing compilers, debuggers, profilers, programming models & APIs, test systems/suites, etc.) for brand-new unannounced next-generation hardware; developing and optimizing current machine learning (TensorFlow™) and computer vision applications; research and development into lowering the power consumption of mobile devices; and contributing to new programming models and software standards (e.g. C++, SYCL™, OpenCL™, Vulkan® and SPIR™-V).
Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in enabling acceleration technologies used in AI, HPC and automotive. Codeplay was established in 2002 in Edinburgh, Scotland and developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors. Today, most AI software is developed using graphics processors designed for video games, and more recently specialised AI and computer vision accelerators. Codeplay continues to work with global technology leaders to make the latest complex AI systems programmable using open-standards based programming languages and allows application developers to quickly bring software to the market. Codeplay is also deeply involved with the definition of open standards, especially OpenCL™, SPIR™, SYCL™, and Vulkan™ through The Khronos Group, and MISRA C++ for automotive.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- We develop our staff to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of business functions, become experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Newstart mentoring scheme
- Opportunities to attend major worldwide industry conferences and events representing the company
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme offering 7% employer contributions
- Full pay whilst on Maternity/Partner or Shared Parental Leave
- Free annual membership for this service: Childcare.co.uk.
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free confidential counselling service
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more)
- For applicants residing in the UK we can also offer in addition to the above benefits:
- Childcare Voucher Scheme (for existing members only)
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket loans
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
The Cover Note/Letter is just as important as your CV/Resume, so please include one, stating why you believe you are a good fit for the position.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.