We are looking for a HR Administrator to provide generalist administration support to the HR team and the wider business on the full employee life-cycle. You will contribute and assist in delivering an effective HR service which complies with employment law, Company policies and procedures, whilst maintaining and improving employee relations. This would be an ideal entry level opportunity for an individual looking to grow and develop their experience within the HR function.
The position is permanent and may be based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK should relocation be an agreed option.
We are committed to providing flexible working options such as part-time/compressed hours/timeshifting/remote/hybrid.
Starting salary: Competitive & Negotiable
Please note: Due to the up coming festive period, all applications will be processed after the 1st week of January when normal service has resumed. Your application is important to us and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.
What We Offer
Codeplay is internationally recognized as being at the forefront of software development technology. Working at Codeplay offers unique opportunities and challenges to learn new technologies and to get involved in shaping the software industry. Codeplay's projects range from: creating tools and tool sets (optimizing compilers, debuggers, profilers, programming models & APIs, test systems/suites, etc.) for brand-new unannounced next-generation hardware; developing and optimizing current machine learning (TensorFlow™) and computer vision applications; research and development into lowering the power consumption of mobile devices; and contributing to new programming models and software standards (e.g. C++, SYCL™, OpenCL™, Vulkan® and SPIR™-V).
Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in enabling acceleration technologies used in AI, HPC and automotive. Codeplay was established in 2002 in Edinburgh, Scotland and developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors. Today, most AI software is developed using graphics processors designed for video games, and more recently specialised AI and computer vision accelerators. Codeplay continues to work with global technology leaders to make the latest complex AI systems programmable using open-standards based programming languages and allows application developers to quickly bring software to the market. Codeplay is also deeply involved with the definition of open standards, especially OpenCL™, SPIR™, SYCL™, and Vulkan™ through The Khronos Group, and MISRA C++ for automotive.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- We develop our staff to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of business functions, become experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Newstart mentoring scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme offering 7% employer contributions
- Full pay whilst on Maternity/Partner or Shared Parental Leave
- Free annual membership for this service: Childcare.co.uk.
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free confidential counselling service
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme (for existing members only)
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket loans
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Selection
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Cheif Operations Officer with the coordination of the Company's recruitment and selection process
- Manage the administration of recruitment campaigns, involving internal & external advertising platforms, collating applications and data
- Corresponding with candidates and assisting managers with the shortlisting and selection process
- Monitor recruitment & selection data to contribute to HR reports and inform decision making
- Assisting with the writing and publishing of job adverts and descriptions
- Assist HRM with the coordination and ownership of the on-boarding process
- Responding to HR enquiries and referring issues to HRM & COO as and where required
- Create and maintain employee records to ensure compliance
- Assist HRM with coordinating formal processes such as; New Start Mentoring, probationary periods and People Support initiative
- Assist in the efficient administration of the company's development review process
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required in line with the HR Assistant responsibilities
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, meet deadlines as required, and has the ability to work under pressure. You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively. You should be open to contributing towards, and able to adapt to, the introduction of new processes, responsibilities and projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant HR experience or qualification in Human Resources Management (E.G. CIPD Level 3 or equivalent)
- Experience of recruitment and selection procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels
Competencies & Behaviours
- Approachable, creative, enthusiastic, proactive and resilient
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise short and longer term workload
- Ability to achieve targets under pressure whilst managing conflicting priorities
- Organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Confident, with the ability to gain trust and respect
- Respect for sensitive information and confidential data which will be handled ensuring compliance with GDPR legislation
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
The Cover Note/Letter is just as important as your CV/Resume, so please include one, stating why you believe you are a good fit for the position. If you have examples of relevant work or projects, we would love to see them, so please include links to them in your application.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.