You will be working directly at the team level, facilitating the team/s and mentoring them to perform at their best. You will actively ensure that agile values & principles are at the heart of everything. Depending on the team(s) you work with, you will also focus on flow and dependencies between teams and help the overall business agility.
As part of the wider Agile Practice community, you will actively be part of a growing community in the company helping others to understand the meaning of Agile. As an Agile Team Coach, you will:
- Organise and facilitate the Scrum/Agile process as required, including key Scrum events
- Enable coordination with other Scrum teams on technical dependencies between the teams
- Have a structured and transparent approach to agile planning, monitor progress and react to change - ensuring all relevant parties are aware of the team's progress and ability to deliver
- Support continuous improvement by using data to increase visibility, effectiveness & predictability
- Protect the team from interference so they can be focussed on their goals
- Work with the team to identify impediments to their progress and support them in resolving these
- Create a safe environment and constructively manage conflict in the team
- Coach the team in self-organisation and collaboration
- Use appropriate styles & techniques of facilitation to guide the team to appropriate outcomes from events / ceremonies and various interactions
- Coach, train, and mentor people in successful Agile delivery techniques and work with the team to identify and address anti-patterns
- Provide support across multiple teams (2-3 teams)
- Build relationships with other Agile Coaches and Team members
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 we are following the Scottish Government Roadmap and, although we are operating normally, the office is closed and we are all working from home.
The successful candidate should be able to work from home for the duration of the office closure. The position is permanent and may be based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for the right to work, should relocation be an agreed option.
Starting salary: Competitive & Negotiable.
What We Offer
Codeplay is internationally recognized as being at the forefront of software development technology. Working at Codeplay offers unique opportunities and challenges to learn new technologies and to get involved in shaping the software industry. Codeplay's projects range from: creating tools and tool sets (optimizing compilers, debuggers, profilers, programming models & APIs, test systems/suites, etc.) for brand-new unannounced next-generation hardware; developing and optimizing current machine learning (TensorFlow™) and computer vision applications; research and development into lowering the power consumption of mobile devices; and contributing to new programming models and software standards (e.g. C++, SYCL™, OpenCL™, Vulkan® and SPIR™-V).
Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in enabling acceleration technologies used in AI, HPC and automotive. Codeplay was established in 2002 in Edinburgh, Scotland and developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors. Today, most AI software is developed using graphics processors designed for video games, and more recently specialised AI and computer vision accelerators. Codeplay continues to work with global technology leaders to make the latest complex AI systems programmable using open-standards based programming languages and allows application developers to quickly bring software to the market. Codeplay is also deeply involved with the definition of open standards, especially OpenCL™, SPIR™, SYCL™, and Vulkan™ through The Khronos Group, and MISRA C++ for automotive.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- We develop our staff to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of business functions, become experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Newstart mentoring scheme
- Opportunities to attend major worldwide industry conferences and events representing the company
- Flexible working hours
- EMI Share Option Scheme
- Pension scheme offering 7% employer contributions
- Full pay whilst on Maternity/Partner or Shared Parental Leave
- Free annual membership for this service: Childcare.co.uk.
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free confidential counselling service
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more) (Post-COVID!)
- For applicants relocating to the UK: in addition to the above benefits :
- Childcare Voucher Scheme (for existing members only)
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket loans
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, meet deadlines as required to support software projects, and has the ability to work under pressure. You will be working on technology that is seldom announced to the public and could be several years away from public release, so confidentiality is critical. You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively within teams of varying skill sets and expertise. You should be welcoming towards, and able to adapt to, the introduction of new technologies, responsibilities and projects, as Codeplay works with cutting-edge technology and takes on a diverse range of projects.
- 1-3 Years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Team Coach in a software delivery team
- Demonstrable experience of facilitation in the context of an engineering team
- A high degree of self-awareness and active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to build strong relationships
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent Kanban accreditation e.g., Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills, be able to work across functions, geographies, and cultures
- Experience working within multiple Agile environments including hands-on experience with frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle, including the specific practices and tools which support an agile approach
- Experience working within a software development environment
Knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be useful for the role, but are not essential. You must be able to learn new skills, but will be given support from Codeplay's team to get you up to speed.
- ICAgile Agile Team Coach accreditation
- Experience of working in a complex, dynamic & cutting-edge engineering environment
- Experience of working in a tech driven environment
- Proficiency in facilitation of sessions and workshops
- Experience working in semiconductor or software industries is a huge plus
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are committed to providing flexible working options such as part-time/compressed hours/timeshifting/remote. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
The Cover Note/Letter is just as important as your CV/Resume, so please include one, stating why you believe you are a good fit for the position. If you have examples of relevant work or projects, we would love to see them, so please include links to them in your application.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.