Codeplay is leading the development of the world's fastest growing ecosystem for AI and HPC. Our team has been involved in defining the SYCL open standard from the beginning, and SYCL is now being used to help developers migrate away from proprietary programming APIs. Codeplay developed ComputeCpp, the first conformant implementation of the SYCL standard which is being used by developers around the world. Our team has also made a major contribution to the open source DPC++ SYCL compiler to enable developers to target Nvidia devices. The result of this is that we are supporting a larger and larger community of developers, and we need to expand our team to help make these developers successful.
We are looking for someone who can help us to support and educate the SYCL developer community. This role will involve supporting and working directly with developers using the SYCL open standard, creating guides and resources that demonstrate how to use SYCL and educating SYCL developers both online and at conferences. You will be using a variety of technologies from the SYCL ecosystem, including ComputeCpp, DPC++, BLAS libaries and more to support developers and show real world use cases for SYCL. Attendance at conferences both online and in person is likely to help present SYCL and educate developers.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, documenting each step and writing tests to ensure correctness where applicable. They will also be able to manage numerous concurrent support conversations and threads, be comfortable with asking colleagues for help, or scouring documentation for relevant information required to complete tasks. They will also be expected to produce high quality, readable and well-commented code that will be published as open source and used by our developer community.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 we are following the Scottish Government Roadmap and, although we are operating normally, the office is closed and we are all working from home.
The successful candidate should be able to work from home for the duration of the office closure. The position is permanent and may be based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for the right to work, should relocation be an agreed option.
Fully remote working is also an option for this position.
- Supporting external developers using SYCL
- Writing technical guides and resources
- Engaging with the SYCL developer community
- Monitoring online channels
- Producing and sometimes delivering materials for developer conferences
- Gathering feedback from the SYCL developer community and communicating this to the product team
What We Offer
- Work on exciting brand-new technologies and standards with globally recognized customers
- Help to shape the future of the industry by contributing to open-source software, standardization efforts and Codeplay's products
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other. You will be working in a diverse team of creative and talented engineers from around the world
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects
- Work with modern code bases, with the freedom to choose platforms and tools to get the job done
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- Positions are available at various levels, from the entry-level Software Engineer grade to Senior Principal Software Engineer, depending on your skills and experience.
- We develop our engineers to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of code, become technical experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations
- Opportunities to get involved in Codeplay's very active research, enabling you to make an impact on the company's technology and future direction, and establish your industrial research track record by contributing to papers and publications
- Frequent opportunities to attend major worldwide industry conferences and developer meetings, represent the company, and become a recognized expert
- Flexible working hours, stock options and pension scheme
Private healthcare insurance.
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more)
Candidate Skills - Must Have
- C++ development
- Worked directly in supporting or teaching developers
- Technical documentation or blog writing
- Good time management
- Working knowledge of source control and configuration management tools
Candidate Skills - Any of the following would be beneficial
- SYCL, OpenCL, CUDA, OpenMP development
- Engaging with developer communities
- Working with open source projects
- Delivering presentations
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK, if desiring to re-locate. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are committed to providing flexible working options such as part-time/compressed hours/timeshifting. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
You should be studying towards a degree in a relevant subject; however, if you can prove skills and knowledge through portfolio work, projects or previous employment, then a degree is not essential.In order to progress your application we require all candidates to provide the following: CV, Cover Letter & C++ Code Samples (where relevant). Our system will only accept links to personal projects/GitHub accounts or PDF documents.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.