Codeplay is a leading developer of software tools and we are looking for a C++ engineer to work on debuggers, utilities, runtimes, compilers and demo applications targeting brand-new hardware such as GPUs, Mobile CPUs, and DSPs. Many of these systems or technologies are not yet publicly announced and therefore require confidentiality, so this is an opportunity work with new hardware and software before anyone else does!
This position requires solid working knowledge of modern C++ (at least C++11), understanding of high-level C++ abstractions, and the ability to use and contribute to modern heavily templated C++ code bases.
Codeplay are looking to hire an experienced C++ Engineer to support our Japanese customer base. The successful candidate will work remotely from their home but may be required to travel to customer sites if required.
The position is available at various levels, from entry-level Software Engineer to Senior Principal Software Engineer, depending on your skills and experience. The position is permanent and will be based in Japan,although you will work closely with our engineering team at our head office in Edinburgh. You will also have the opportunity to visit Edinburgh.Edinburgh is the bustling capital of Scotland, rated globally as the "most livable city in the world 2018," ranking top for quality of life and education as well as being a haven for heritage sites. Edinburgh always has an event on the go such as the famous Fringe festival.
Salary range: Competitive & Negotiable.
What We Offer
Codeplay is internationally recognized as being at the forefront of software development technology. Working at Codeplay offers unique opportunities and challenges to learn new technologies and to get involved in shaping the software industry. Codeplay's projects range from: creating tools and tool sets (optimizing compilers, debuggers, profilers, programming models & APIs, test systems/suites, etc.) for brand-new unannounced next-generation hardware; developing and optimizing current machine learning (TensorFlow™) and computer vision applications; research and development into lowering the power consumption of mobile devices; and contributing to new programming models and software standards (e.g. C++, SYCL™, OpenCL™, Vulkan® and SPIR™-V).
Codeplay is extensively working on the Clang, LLVM and LLDB open-source compiler and debugger projects. We are building an ecosystem around the SYCL standard, including open source projects for computer vision, linear algebra, and C++ parallel programming APIs - see https://github.com/codeplaysoftware. If you are excited about contributing to programming tools that will be used by developers worldwide, please get in touch!
- Work on exciting brand-new technologies and standards with globally recognized customers.
- Help to shape the future of the industry by contributing to open-source software, standardization efforts and Codeplay's products.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other. You will be working in a diverse team of creative and talented engineers from around the world.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Work with modern code bases, with the freedom to choose platforms and tools to get the job done.
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- Positions are available at various levels, from the entry-level Software Engineer grade to Senior Principal Software Engineer, depending on your skills and experience.
- We develop our engineers to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of code, become technical experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Opportunities to get involved in Codeplay's very active research, enabling you to make an impact on the company's technology and future direction, and establish your industrial research track record by contributing to papers and publications.
- Frequent opportunities to attend major worldwide industry conferences and developer meetings, represent the company, and become a recognized expert.
- Flexible working hours, stock options and pension scheme.
Candidate Skills - Must Have
- Solid knowledge of modern C++ (understanding of high-level abstractions)
- Ability to work with modern templated C++11 code bases
- Working knowledge of debuggers
- Self-motivation, with a willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- At least Level N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
Candidate Skills - Any of the following would be beneficial
- Memory management e.g. smart pointers, reference counting, allocators, RAII
- Code security/exploit prevention
- Performance profiling and optimization
- Assembly languages
- Object file formats
- Build systems (e.g. CMake) and compiler tool-chains
- Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins) and best practices
- OpenCL/CUDA/C++AMP/other GPGPU language environment
- OpenVX/OpenCV/other computer vision environment
- HLSL/GLSL/other shading language environments
- Games console/low-level graphics technology
- The open-source Clang/LLVM compiler projects and the compilation pipeline
- LLDB, LLVM's open-source debugger project
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in Japan.Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are committed to providing flexible working options.
You should hold a degree in a relevant subject; however, if you can prove skills and knowledge through portfolio work, projects or previous employment, then a degree is not essential, but any relevant visa conditions may require proof of formal qualifications.
In order to progress your application we require all candidates to provide the following: CV, Cover Letter & C++ Code Samples (where relevant). Our system will only accept links to personal projects/GitHub accounts or PDF documents.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.